Saturday, October 3, 2015

Planting Trees

Our property is very wooded though we did have to cut down quite a few trees last year to make room for a driveway and building the house but there were still a few places that we wanted more trees. Ken loves the Balsam trees and so we wanted to plant some of those.
   Some friends from church have a place where there were a bunch of trees that were all crowded together to we went and dug a bunch of them out.
  We had a lovely trailer full of them.
Then we came home and planted a bunch. They look so cute along our property line. 

4 comments:

Nola said...

I wish you could come get some of my trees. We have way too many at our new place. They look cute when they are small, but when they grow they need room! I am keeping many of them and there will still be forest at the back but there are too many in the center where I want the kids to play and a garden and clothesline etc. We have a nice balsam fir at the back I am keeping. I like them too.

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

We last year planted 2 fruit trees, but only one made it through last winter and is still doing well. It will be several years before we will have fruit, but I can't wait.

Nichole "Nikki" Warren said...

We last year planted 2 fruit trees, but only one made it through last winter and is still doing well. It will be several years before we will have fruit, but I can't wait.

Abbi said...

Nola,
I understand about the crowded trees. The place we are getting the trees from is very much like that. I hope you are able to get some of yours cleared away for living space.

Nikki, I hope all goes well with your fruit tree. I am excited for the day when ours will start to bear as well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin