Monday, July 24, 2017

A Quiet Day at Home

Yesterday we took these four (also pictured on the left is our friend Irindee who rode with us) up to camp. I am praying they have a great week and looking forward to getting my kids home again. I am sure my niece and nephew will be very happy to get home as well especially as they have a new baby at their house.

 When we dropped the kids off at camp we were also able to pick up Mara who had just arrived back from a mission trip to an orphanage in Mexico. She had been gone a little over a week. It is great to have her back!

   Today was one of those nice quiet days of getting a lot of domestic work done. Monday is my laundry and cleaning day. I always do my mopping and try to get some of my other deep cleaning done. I really enjoy working in our home. It is fun to make it a place that is comfortable and beautiful.
 Noodle making was one of the activities of the day. Noodles take a little time to get all rolled out but are truly quite simple to make. I like homemade noodles and I really like the idea of knowing exactly what is in them and being able to avoid the trash of packaging. Generally most of the pasta we eat is still strore bought but possibly we will work towards changing that.
 Lots of laundry! We had a beautiful day for drying the laundry on the clothesline. I did all but 1/2 a load out there and it dried quickly. I like to fold my clothes on the window seat where I have a beautiful view while I work.
 This evening Ken, Mara, Jonathan and I went canoeing.
 Jonathan was relaxing while he canoed. It was a beautiful night to be out.
I had made a blueberry icemilk for a treat after we got back. I loosely followed this recipe but I ended up substituting nearly everything to use what I had. Goats milk instead of cream, honey instead of maple syrup and blueberries instead of strawberries. It was still yummy.

What was your day like? Do you enjoy days of working around the house?

2 comments:

Mrs Shoestring said...

Yes, I like working around the house, especially that feeling when all the jobs are done. The river looks wonderful in your photos!

Abbi said...

That is true about feeling good when the jobs are done. We do enjoy our river a lot - thank you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin