Monday, October 1, 2018

31 Days of Decluttering and Simplifying

 I have been doing a lot of thinking lately on the idea of minimalism and living with less. Though I have a long way to go before most people will start labeling me a minimalist (I have gotten that label maybe once so far and it was by somebody who is very, very far from being a minimalist) I have made a lot of progress in the area of having less clutter and mess. And I still have a long way to go. Last year I carefully got rid of 25 items every week. I have been working on doing that this year as well.

  I am signing up to join the 31 days blogging challenge and I will be writing about Decluttering and simplifying. If that is something that interests you - perhaps you are doing it too or maybe you would like to- then I would love to have  you join me.

  Lord willing I will be sharing posts about-
  • The "Why" to simplifying and decluttering.
  • Personal stories
  • Tips and tricks that are working for me.
  • Tools and resources to help us.
  • The end goal.
  • Encouragement from God's word.
  • Motivating links

So this month I am varying from my normal goal of 25 items a week and instead am trying out the idea of getting rid of as many items as the day is. For example 1 item today and 16 on the 16th and 30 on the 30th and so forth.  I am also going to really be working on cleaning on digital clutter so I thought maybe I would do that same thing but backwards. So I need to clean out/delete 31 things today and then less each day as the month goes on. Let me know if this might be something that you are working on too!

Lord willing we will visit again tomorrow!

If you would like to see what a bunch of other bloggers are writing about this October (the 31 days series) you can check that out here.

Also, so that you can see my series more easily here are some links:

October 2- The "Why" to decluttering and simplifying.
October 3- Give yourself permission to just do part.
October 4- Can you be a minimalist and a "Prepper"?
October 5-
October 6- What did Jesus say about "Stuff"?
October 7- Don't Buy It.
October 8- Success Fuels More Success
October 9- Camping - A Way To Try Out Living With Less
October 10
October 11
October 12- Resource: A Minimal Mom
October 13
October 14





1 comment:

jg4562 said...

I will be looking forward to your posts. I am retiring the end of this year and plan on decluttering. Am sure I will be referring to your blog for lots of good info. Thanks.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin