Sunday, April 12, 2020

Be Thankful!

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I needed the reminder of that verse today. As the Shelter-in-place got extended for 3 more weeks here in MN I have been struggling a bit with my attitude. I fully know that God has this under control and that He can work powerfully in every circumstance but yet I have struggled with my attitude and have just felt like complaining. I am seeking His forgiveness on that and am working to be thankful and trusting instead. In case you might also be struggling in this area I hope these verses can encourage you as well.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful." Colossians 3:15

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

 Our God is mighty and strong and He listens to our prayers. Let's go to him humbly and with thankfulness!

Here are a few of the things that I am thankful for....

 -Being able to gather in our backyard with a few neighbors for social distancing church each Sunday. It is a great outdoor activity and makes my week start out so much better.

-All the Church services being shared online. I truly have enjoyed being able to listen to friends and family as they preach all over this great country of ours.

-A new kitty at our home and a girl who loves to play with him (and make him things like hammocks and toy mice). He had been born to my sister's cat last year but stayed with my parents for the winter. When we went to work on maple syruping and pick up eggs we also picked him up. He has been fun entertainment for these days at home.

-All the birds that we are seeing lately. The swans are so beautiful and I am truly loving the sound of the loons.

 -All these children of mine (including Debora our exchange student). I am so glad that we have a pretty full house for this shelter-in-place time!

-Campfires are fun too.

-Having Ken work at home and be able to eat lunches with us.

 -Fresh flowers from a plant that my mother-in-law had given me. They are brightening up our home so beautifully!
 -Yummy meals even without having been shopping for a while. Debora made this delicious Brazilian chicken dish.
 -Baby goats - a wonderful sign of spring. They are at my parents place but we got to see them while we were there (staying outside and properly social distanced) working on Maple Syrup.
-Music. I so love being able to make music with my family. It causes me to worship my God and just lightens my heart.

-Books. A little extra time to read them is nice too.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin