Friday, April 3, 2020

Enjoying Finishing Projects

   As much as I miss getting to see my church family and other friends I am truly enjoying the Stay-at-Home time as well. It is wonderful for giving me more time to finish projects. I had fun finishing a couple today and I thought I would share them with you.
I had a big plate (shown upside down in the picture above) that Megan had given to me and I thought was really pretty but it cracked. It was no longer able to be used to eat with but I was able to glue it back together again so I figured that I could use it for decoration. I had some little plates (which I had more than I needed of for eating) that matched it that I decided to decorate with as well.
 I had hung this picture that Megan drew of our family on our dining room wall. I liked it but this wall really needed a little more color to spice it up.
 See....
 These plates have been sitting around ready to get fixed for a hanging for a couple of months. First I made little wire loops and glued them on (with hotglue).
 Then I cut pieces of felt and firmly glued it on over top the bottom section of the loop.
 Now just to hang them. I wish I would have sought ideas and inspiration before hanging them as I think I could have done a better job but I figure I can think on it and fix it better later. I kind off think it would be better with 5 up there in a little less regular pattern. What do you think? I am still enjoying them being up and the beautiful blue and white that they add to that wall.
 This basket has been in my office closet, partly done for some time now.
Today I finished it and am very happy about that. Lord willing, I am going to make more and store my small scraps of fabric (sorted by color) in these baskets.

  It was fun to get these projects done, it just motivates me to get more projects done. How about you? Are you getting old projects done on these quieter days? 

3 comments:

Nola said...

I like all the blue and white!

Honestly I am not finding life to be any less busy...homeschooling the 3 kids (always have so that's not new but it takes a lot of time of course) and dealing with a newly walking one year old, and having my husband working from home...life has gotten busier for me lately. But that's okay, the older kids are having fun creating lots of projects in the time they'd normally be playing with friends.

Abbi said...

I really love the blue and white too. Something about that combination just seems so peaceful and beautiful to me.

For homeschoolers, especially those of younger kids, there is far less change with this quarantine time. Though our lives have changed (my husband is working at home too and numerous things have been cancelled) it isn't as dramatic as it is for many.

Amy Riley said...

I love the arrangement you have with the plates and her art. -- Today I spent a few hours after church (online church) working on my children's photbooks. I used to be very good about keeping on top of it but have fallen behind. I now have updated records through 2018 finished. I have 2019 printed so I will work on that this week. I made sure to make a note for each photo so they will remember where we were and who we were with.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin