Thursday, October 7, 2010

Using up old curling ribbon

 A while back the kids brought home a bunch of helium balloons from somewhere. (That seems to happen every so often when we help to clean up after events.) Pretty soon the balloons were all limp and getting old and they had all of the curling ribbon strings on them.

 The curling ribbon wasn't  looking the greatest but I figured it could be used for something. We cut it into pieces of similar length.
 Tied them together in the middle and then used the edge of a scissors to curl up all the ends.
 The result was a nice curly little "bow". Perfect for some colorful and cheerful package. And once again I was happy to use up something that would have otherwise been thrown away!

Have you done any fun "reusing" lately?
What are your favorite frugal gift wrapping methods?

4 comments:

angie said...

Wow! You can re-use nearly anything. I like to wrap gifts with brown kraft paper. But honestly I have a "lifetime" supply of gift bags since I never throw them away when we receive them. Even when they have a small store logo on them, I re-use them for gifts by gluing a cute image over the store name.

Abbi said...

I do love to re-use things! :-) That is a great idea for "gift bags" from stores.

Niki Jolene said...

Wow I like your idea and that of your commenters. Neat ideas all around!

I am really enjoying your blog.

:)

Nola said...

What a great idea! Your creativity and the fun and joy you show in it always inspires me. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin