We did have to spend some money on this project but I tried to keep it reasonable. The whole project was under $100 and it included:
~2 Gallons of paint (Brown and cream) we have paint left of both for further touchups. -$35
~18 (I think) yards of muslin and 6 or 7 yards of fabric for slipcovers -$50 (I used a coupon and a sale)
~A wooden shelf to hang on the wall- $12
|A story at bedtime- what this room is for- family togetherness!|
Some fall flowers in a blue canning jar.
Our free canvas print from UPrinting which I put on a frame. I also got this little shelf which I am having fun putting seasonal things on. I had hoped to find a bigger shelf which would look a bit like a mantelpiece but I didn't have any success. Maybe later I will find one. And maybe someday we will have a fireplace here. :-)
A mossy grapevine wreath that now hangs over our stairway. I had made this wreath this summer to take to the fair but just lately hung it up.