Friday, March 18, 2011

A Bible case from an old leather coat

 We gave Aaron a Bible for Christmas (He was very excited as he had really wanted one) and ever since then he has been wanting a case and I have been meaning to make him one it just hadn't happened.

 He specifically wanted a leather case. He thought it would be nice if it matched the leather wallet that Mara and I made him for Christmas. Well it just so happened there was more to the leather coat that we had used to make the wallet. So making a leather Bible case would work just fine.
 Aaron and I had fun working together for an afternoon and we came up with this. He wanted a pocket (for the papers he receives in class at church), buttons to hold it closed and a handle. Check, Check, Check!
Aaron was quite pleased with his new case and I enjoyed the fun time of working together with him as well as getting to make something useful out of something in my large stash of "stuff"!

I am linking this to "Fix it up Friday" a fun linky party that my friend Jackie hosts over at Blessings overflowing.


5 comments:

Becky R said...

that is so cool.

Abbi said...

Thank you!

Sarah said...

Very nice case! Much better than spending the overpriced $20 at most Christian supply stores. I am always impressed by your resourcefulness and creativity. One day I will learn to use my sewing machine. ;)

Jackie said...

Wow! That is awesome, Abbi! I am always so impressed with what you can make out of old clothing. Thanks for linking up!

jenn said...

great job. thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin