Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mara's handmade Iris bouquet

This is a project I have been meaning to blog about for some time but had forgotten. The Iris above were given to on my Birthday back in December. Mara had made them. She made them using paper coffee filters, florist wire, florist tape, paint and a few beads. She got the idea from our Rose making project quite a while back. She chose to make me Iris as they have been one of my very favorite flowers for as long as I can remember.

 Paper coffee filters are a fun craft material to work with as they are a bit stiff (and become even more so when you paint them) but are still moldable as well. Making flowers is a fun craft and could be used for educational purposes as well. Think how much better you would remember all the parts of a flower if you had made them and put them together!


Have you ever tried to make flowers?

Here is another fun project where I "made" flowers.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Your daughter is as talented as you with flowers!

That is just beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin