This year I have some goals that I want to work on to promote better health in my family and I. We have been blessed with pretty good overall health and we do try to be careful with the way we live but there are some things that I think we could do better to improve our health.
I am going to really tackle one goal per week (until I run out of things that I feel strongly that we need to work on) and I thought I would share them with you and challenge you to work on them (if needed) as well.
This weeks goal:
Drink Plenty of Water
8-10 cups for me and my bigger kids and 6 cups for the younger two.
Water is important for many different reasons. . . .
- Drinking plenty of water makes it so our liver can do it's job easier and better. It helps to get rid of the toxins in our body.
- It helps us to have better Kidney health and not get bladder infections.
- It helps us to have better colon health. That means we stay regular and don't get all stopped up.
- It keeps us from getting dehydrated.
- It helps us not to get headaches so easily.
- Plenty of water helps our lymph system to flow better which helps us to fight of diseases better. So drink water for your immune system.
- It helps us not to get tired as easily.
I am starting my morning off with a large glass of water with either a tablespoon of lemon juice or unpasteurized apple cider vinegar in it and then throughout the day all of my drinking other than Breakfast (where I drink milk or tea) and Supper (milk) is water. I just plan to keep a chart in my kitchen where I can check off every time I have a cup of water to make sure that I am actually getting enough. I also plan on being much more diligent to make sure my kids (some of them need more encouragement than others) are getting enough to drink. I will have charts for them too.
Would you like to join me? Let me know if you are going to work on this too. Next week I will come back with a report and a new challenge.
I have been reading "Be Your Own Doctor" aloud to the kids lately and that has much encouragement for drinking more water and has been really helpful in explaining why we should.