Monday, February 23, 2015

A Time to Rest

Carrie, Christy and I. These dear friends and their families stayed with us this past weekend.
 We are moving a little bit slowly around here. I have decided this will be a good week for resting. We have had some very busy and fun times and now it is time to rest a bit from all that business.

   This past weekend we hosted a retreat/rally at our church and had many come from all over to join us. I was so blessed by this weekend and just enjoyed it so very much but I will admit feeling rather tired when it was all over.

  We had so much going on that I didn't get the camera pulled out until people were starting to leave but here are a few pictures of some of the people that were able to come....
 Linda and Polly. Traveled 6 or so hours to come and be with us and we were so glad that their family came.
 Good friends of mine who were always at Retreats when we were kids. Now they are coming with their families. That is so fun!
 Tracy - another childhood friend who brought her family this year.
 Games are a fun addition to the Retreat. Some pretty fun guys here. My nephew, my son, my brother-in-law and his brother.
 Anna and Shelly. Wonderful helpers in the kitchen! Thanks ladies!
 Music is always a very fun part of the retreat. We even enjoy pianists that are just about one year old.

Our theme this year was "Good News!". We had fun learning about, singing about and encouraging one another to read the Goods News, Share the Good News and be Strengthened by the Good News.

"Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah." Acts 5:42

"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!” Is 52:7

"He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." Mark 16:15 & 16

During the week before Retreat started I spent some long days working to get our house ready for company. I thought it would be nice to have another shower so I worked hard on that. I got it done and the plumber hooked it up but when I went to use it on Friday night there was no hot water. That was a bit of a disappointment. It got fixed today but we weren't able to use it while the company was here. Oh well! Such is life at times.
This is a little peak - I will share more pictures later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin