Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

How did you Bible time go last week? Did you grow in your understanding? Was it a part of every day? There have been different things in my life that really have caused me to work at digging deeper about various subjects and that has been very fun. I wanted to truly understand God's word so that I can share his truth with others.

From my Bible reading last week I here are some treasures that I found:

What caused me to worship God more?
"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord?

Or who has been his counselor?"
"Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay him?"
"For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen."
Romans 11:33-36

What a great reminder of the amazing God that we have.

What verse really touched me?
I read the book of Ruth last week and I find that account an inspiring one of people showing kindness to others and God blessing that kindness. Here are a couple of passages I would like to share:
Ruth 2:10-12 "Then she fell on her face, bowing to the ground and said to him, "Why have I found favor in your sight that you should take notice of me, since I am a foreigner?" Boaz replied to her, "All that you have done for your mother-in-law after the death of your husband has been fully reported to me, and how you left your father and your mother and the land of your birth, and came to a people that you did not previously know. May the Lord reward your work,  and your wages be full from the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to seek refuge."

Ruth 4:14 & 15 "The the women said to Naomi, "Blessed is the Lord who has not left you without a redeemer today, and may his name become famous in Israel. May he also be to you a restorer of life and a sustainer of your old age; for your daughter-in-law, who loves you and is better to you than seven sons, has given birth to him."

What prompted me to action?

Matthew 21:21 & 22 "And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, "Be taken up and cast into the sea," it will happen. And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

I believe that God can do anything but still sometimes you wonder if He will choose to work in the situations that you are concerned about. I am seeking His help to have more faith and to grow in my prayer life.

What interesting fact did I find?
Matthew 24:44 "For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will."

So many people seem to think they have a very good idea of when Jesus is coming again - this clearly states that He will be coming when you don't expect it. So we just need to always be ready. Have your lamp full of oil and ready!

What treasures have you found in God's word lately?



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin