Monday, May 30, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

How is your Bible reading going? Are you trying to read through the Bible in a year? What is your method for getting into God's word? I would love to hear!

Here a some of my favorites from this past week:

What Caused me to Worship God more?
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything you may have an abundance for every good deed;" 2 Corinthians 9:8

God gives us sufficiency. He is the one that provides for us in abundance. That certainly causes me to worship him more.

What Touched Me?
"Now brethren, we wish to make known to you the grace of God which has been given in the churches of Macedonia, that in a great ordeal of afflictions their abundance of Joy and their deep poverty overflowed in the wealth of their liberality. For I testify that according to their ability, and beyond their ability, they gave of their own accord, begging us with much urging for the favor of participation in the support of the saints, and this, not as we had expected, but they first gave themselves to the Lord and to us be the will of God. So we urged Titus that as he had previously made a beginning so he would also complete in the you their gracious work as well." 2 Corinthians 8:1-6

To me, reading about the Macedonians and their sacrificial giving is very inspiring.

What prompted me to action?
 "Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:10 & 11

I want to work at sowing more bountifully. May I truly be a cheerful giver.

What interesting fact did I see?
" Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14

This is a wise way to live your life. Unfortunately it isn't always popular but that doesn't make it wrong. Obviously this applies to marriage but can also apply in other areas.

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day! A big thank-you to all of our veterans!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin