Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge


Well I am running later than planned on this post again this week - but oh well, better late than never. :-)

I am truly loving my time in God's word. Here are some of my favorite passages from last week:

What caused me to worship God more?
"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me. In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me." For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes." I Corinthians 11:23-26

Every week when we have communion at church on Sunday morning I am reminded once again to worship God for His willingness to send His Son to Die for us and for Jesus willingness to go through all of that for us. 

What Scripture Touched Me?
"No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

This promise touches me every time. I am so thankful for God's faithfulness!

What prompts me to action?
"Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor." 1 Corinthians 10:24

This is not easy but certainly something for me to work on. I do try to think of others around me (my neighbors which is much broader than just where my house is located) but still I tend to be concerned with my own self first - most of the time I think. This is something I need to seek God's help in.

What interesting fact did I read about?
"But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman and God is the head of Christ." 1 Corinthians 11:3

I thought this fact would be a good one to share as it is definitely in the Bible but is not really a popular fact just now. Whether things are popular or not however is not what proves they are true or not. God made a world with order. This is part of the order of things. Life goes much smoother when we follow God's order.

What have your read in God's word lately that spoke to you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin