Now don't get me wrong. I don't think that is all bad. I do like to have a set apart quiet time with God every morning. I also feel pretty strongly about have my 20 minute power nap each day and I rarely miss it. I do also love some lovely one on one visiting time with my family and friends. I like to slow down and read a book, play a game and so many other things.
But I also believe that being busy and industrious can be a beautiful thing. I strongly believe that relationships can be strengthened even in our busy times. That our walk with Jesus can grow stronger and that we can learn to more fully rely on the Holy Spirit in our lives. I hope to study God's word more on this issue soon and share my findings with you but meanwhile I wanted to share a little from our beautiful busy week with you.
This week - particularly the last 4 days have been very busy. During those 4 days we have gotten ready for and held a 3 day garage sale. I baked 23 loaves of bread plus a double batch of rolls and a batch of cookies and an apple crisp, I had a Bible study, went to a concert and helped fix lunch with friends, I did laundry and helped Jonathan get ready for camp, I had a wedding consultation, I cleaned and arranged wedding flowers and then also did decorating for the wedding, our family went over to my in-laws to help them cut down and cut up into firewood (and stack the brush and wood) a couple of trees, I went grocery shopping and made meals for my family plus various guests. I also harvested quite a few things from our garden to use in our meals. That is my list of busyness but that doesn't really explain the whole picture. With just that list we don't see the beauty that we are being blessed with throughout the busy days.
So I just want to share some of the beauty that I have been experiencing lately.....
- Appreciating so much the strength that I find through the Holy Spirit.
- Seeing God's provision far beyond what I imagined through the garage sale.
- The delight in getting rid of excess in our lives and seeing it go to others who hopefully have a need for it.
- Getting to do flowers for a really neat couple. They and her parents (which was all that I met) were so lovely to work with. So appreciative and thoughtful.
- Getting to spend time in God's word with friends.
- A friend coming to spend time with us to help set up and make signs for our garage sale. That was such a blessing!
- Getting to go to a free church musician concert. It was an organ recital/hymn sing. It was different from anything I have gone to before but really fun. The lady playing the organ also shared a lot of stories that went with the hymns and verses that went with them. I enjoy hymns a lot and it really was a neat experience. My 2 friends and Jonathan went with me.
- Having fun watching the boys play a lively game of basketball. The kids' 2nd cousin, DJ, is visiting for the week and it is so fun to see all the fun they are having together!
- DJ has been a wonderful guest to have - incredibly helpful and thoughtful. I am so thank-ful that my boys have him for a friend.
- Megan was my super duper helper for the garage sale. She manned it a lot of the time and I love seeing her shyly smile at the people when they arrived. She had fun sitting at the table and drawing much of the time.
- I am enjoying Megan's current art project which is reading through the "Wizard of Oz" and drawing a map of it from the story.
- Just loving my job of working with beautiful flowers that God has made. He is an incredible creator!
- Not much can beat the smell or taste of fresh baked bread. We got to experience that a lot the last few days. We sold a bunch of the loaves but we got to taste plenty too.
- Getting to meet more neighbors that came to our sale. I love that!
- My Sister and Sister-in-law with really cute babies in tow came and hung out with us one day of the sale. That was lovely fun!
- DJ's mom (my good friend and Ken's cousin) was here for a brief visit while she dropped him off and I always love getting to spend time with her.
- Being able to work together as a family to help others. That is a special thing!
- Enjoying our pets with the people that came.
- I just loved getting to talk to many different people and truly see a little (well often a lot!) beauty in each one of the. God made each person special!
- Laughing together with my son and we worked to get him ready for camp.
- Laughter around the supper table!
- Aaron's quirky sense of humor.
- Ken offering to help clean up after the garage sale and getting the others to help too.
There were so many other beautiful things that happened during these busy days but sleep is also a beautiful thing and I need to head that way. :-)