In the morning I will order my prayer to Thee and eagerly watch."
This morning I was thinking about what to write for Works for me Wednesday and so I started to make a list of the things in my life that really work for me. The first thing on my list was my morning prayer and Bible reading time. I like to get up before the kids (sometimes they are early birds and so that doesn't work but I still try to have my time anyway) and have a quiet time of prayer ( I like to use a prayer journal)and reading the Bible.
I thought I would share some of the reasons it works for me:
- I feel connected with the Source of Life from the Beginning of the day. Which gets me started for open communication with God all day long.
- Any of my concerns for the day can be given over to God immediately, before I start feeling stressed about them and He helps me with them.
- Even if I am to have a busy day, I can start it out with a time of peace, which seems to help the whole day go more peacefully.
- When reading the Bible I am reminded of a better way to live, and usually there is something that I read about that helps me with my day to day life.
- I ask for wisdom and strength for my day.
I find my morning time to be such a blessing. Now that it is a habit it is not very hard to do. Developing a habit is the hardest part but I would really encourage everybody to try to develop this one. It is so worth it!
- I would love to hear what you do for prayer time and how it works for you. Also I would love suggestions for how you do it when you are at somebody else's house or have overnight company who also rise early. Those are my hardest times at keeping to my schedule.