Monday, January 25, 2010

Giving thanks for all things


"O Lord, Thou art my God; I will exalt Thee, I will give thanks to Thy name; For Thou hast worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness." Isaiah 25:1

We like a clean house. Ken is especially fond of orderlyness. One of the ways I can show my love to my husband is by keeping things tidy. And actually I like to clean. You wouldn't always guess it by looking at my house (I guess maybe there are other things I like to do more) but I do think it is fun. I like seeing the change that comes when you get rid of dirt and clutter. I find cleaning to be rewarding. Today I thought it would be fun to share some of the things that I am thank-ful for in helping to keep our home clean and tidy....


#364 A broom and dustpan. I think sweeping is pretty fun and I like the quietness of it! :-) After a messy meal, some major crafting and a little tromping in and out it is amazing what a big pile I can make when I do a little sweeping!

#365 Homemade and natural cleaners. Basically all of them I have learned how to make from other bloggers and I am very thankful for that.

#366 Lots of cloth rags. They are indespensible for cleaning!

#367 Time to clean. I am so thank-ful that I can stay home during the day and I can devote Mondays to majorly cleaning up the house.


#368 A simple mop and bucket. I love how the floor shines when I get done!

#369 Music (CDs) to play while I work.

#370 Our Schedule to help me remember what to do.


#371 A sink with running water! Ken teases me about probably wishing I lived one hundred years ago, and in a few ways I would have enjoyed that but for the most part I am so happy to live right now! I am very thank-ful to have indoor plumbing and a water heater.




#372 A vacuum. This is something I never liked as a child (the noise I think) but I do really appreciate my vacuum now. I can just imagine how very gross our floors would be without it!
#373 Our Washer and Dryer. I don't know how I would live without it. I know it can be done but I am very thankful that I don't have to.


#374 Many hands to make work light! Oh how thankful I am for my hands that work and for all my little helpers!

Some other things that I am thankful for this week are:

#375 A new niece ~ Corianna Genivive.

#376 A good sermon at church yesterday.

#377 Fun going skiing as a family.

#378 Mara being able to see betterwith her new glasses.

#379 A warm and cozy house on cold windy days.

#380 God's faithfulness.

holy experience

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so, now I feel like I should clean my house! OR at least pick up the pile of lincoln logs I'm ignoring...Great list!

Jackie said...

Great list! You are welcome to have fun cleaning my house anytime. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin