I think we can all can live a life that we truly love. God blesses each one of us abundantly and I also think we can make choices that will help us to enjoy life more.
A while back I had been thinking on this (I think it was after talking to some university students who were getting degrees in fields where they would hopefully make lots of money but didn't enjoy) and I wrote out this list of ways to have a life you love. This is my understanding and thoughts, I would love to hear you opinions!
- Follow God. God will give you purpose and direction for your life. He gives us love and hope. In His word are the directions we need for life. If we get this one right we can have a wonderful life no matter what our other circumstances are.
- Be Thankful. When you start to count your blessings, life looks pretty good!
- Follow your Dreams/Passions. I am totally confused by people that work at some job for years and years and never enjoy it. I would challange them to be a little bit brave and daring, step out of their comfort zone and find out what you really enjoy and find a way to do that!
- Surround yourself with People you Love (and learn to truly love the people you are around). Speaking personally, we have made the choices so that I can stay home every day with my children and homeschool them. We have to live on a little less this way but it is totally worth it to us. In doing this I get to be with the people that mean the most to me every single day!
- Surround yourself with Beauty. God created so many beautiful things and I truly think it was for a reason. He created us to enjoy beauty too. I think it is worth it to take the extra time to plant a flower garden, grow a houseplant, find ways to decorate your home nicely (it doesn't have to cost much) and dress in colors that you like.
- Be Curious. Stay young and always learning. Life is much more interesting and fun that way!
- Be Content. Sometimes we don't get to chose our situations in life. When we learn to be content where ever we are we can still love life!
- Think about others. Don't focus on your wants and needs. Thinks about how you can help others instead.