Sunday, January 10, 2010

God's Word


"I shall delight in Thy commandments, Which I love.
And I shall lift up my hands to Thy commandments,
Which I love;
And I will meditate on Thy statutes."
Psalm 119:47 & 48

    This verse leaves me with a question: Do I really get delighted with reading and following God's word?
I do get excited about learning from it and finding God's instruction that so well applies to my life today but sometimes I read simply because that is my habit. I want to be delighted and excited to read more.

    For christians it is my understanding that the Holy Bible, God's word, is what needs to be the last word. It is what gives us what we need to know how to live. It has the answers to all our questions and problems. I want it to be what governs my life in every area and I want to delight in it and try to follow it to the best of my ability. I will meditate on God's word!

How about you?
 

4 comments:

Dustine said...

His word is our instrctions. Thank you for spreading encouragement. I love the speaks to me sunday picture.
Blessings on your week.

Farmer Gal said...

When I do read and meditate on God's word, I feel the power of it and the enlightenment. However, I struggle with convincing myself to keep at it EVERY day and abandoning all my other thoughts to focus only on Him.

Nola said...

Thanks for sharing!
I struggle with finding the time admist the busyness of small kids. It seems that they hear me no matter what time I wake up. The older one she has to stay in her room until a certain time but its harder with the baby. I do my devotions though and maybe its better that they see me at it, come to think of it.

Martha said...

Hey, my I have an invite to your sons blog?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin