"Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior,
not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good,
so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands,
to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home,
kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God
will not be dishonored." Titus 2:3-5
Does this verse encourage and challenge you every time you read it? It does me.
I still consider myself a young woman but I look at the admonitions to both younger and older because I figure someday I will be an older woman and I should be getting ready for that now. This verse is so gently encouraging but there are so many great reminders in it. Here is the list that I am seeing that I need to work on:
- Act in a way that shows reverence to God.
- Don't Gossip.
- Teach things that are Good.
- Encourage others to do what is right.
- Love my husband.
- Listen to and obey my husband. (That's what I get out of "being subject"- what do you think?)
- Love my children.
- Be sensible.
- Be pure. (In what I say, think and look at.)
- Work at home. (I shouldn't be lazy and home is where my focus should be at this season in my life.)
- Be kind.