Friday, December 31, 2010

Cheese Spread for yummy snacking

 New years eve is a big snacking time for us. We get together with a bunch of friends, play games and eat!

  This year one of the things I am planning on making (and we enjoyed last week too, on Christmas Eve) is Cheese spread on homemade flat bread. It is easy to make, tastes yummy and is a much cheaper alternative to a cheese ball or something like that.

This is how you make it....

Cheese Spread
  • 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 3-4 tablespoons chopped black olives.
  • one small jar of chopped pimentos.
  • enough Mayonnaise to moisten
  • a dash of spike seasoning salt (or your favorite seasoning salt)
  • a sprinkle of paprika
Mix everything together. Either serve right away or store in the fridge. It is very yummy on crackers and we like it on my homemade flat bread a lot too.

This is just another frugal alternative for all the expensive snack foods!
Check out all the other frugal ideas at Frugal Friday.

3 comments:

annies home said...

this sounds yummy

I am a new follower of yours if you find time stop by and see me

Pei-Lin said...

Abbi, how I wish I can partake in the countdown feast!! I miss these things a lot! I told Bonnie the same when I spoke to her last Sunday! *Sob*

Happy New Year! A blessed 2011 to you and family! Send my regards to all back in MN!

Unknown said...

This looks like it would be perfect for New Year's Eve.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin