Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Handmade Christmas Week 10 {Snowmen gift tags}

 This past week was a very busy one of Christmas Crafting. I was helping out with a Craft Bazaar on Saturday (it was a fundraiser) and so I was making things to donate. It was fairly fun working on all the projects but I am happy to be slowing down and getting to work on just a few simple gifts in the next couple of weeks instead of trying to mass produce a bunch of things.

Our Bazaar ended up looking very nice and we had way more stuff for sale than I thought we would. Here is a picture that shows a portion of the room:

Hosting a bazaar was something I had never done before and it was a learning experience. I am not sure if we will do it again but if we do- I will have some ideas for improving it. :-)

 Here was a fun and easy project that we put together for the bazaar:

 Snowmen gift tags.

I really like snowmen- they are so cute and make me think of good memories of sticky snow and making snowmen.

To make this gift tags you simply cut snowmen shapes out of white card stock, glue on some black paper punch circles (for coal buttons and eyes), glue on a orange triangle nose, stamp (or print) on a "To" and "From", glue on a hat and tie on a ribbon scarf. They are fast and will make a gift look very cute!


Now, PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

If you have a blog I would love it if you would share the link of your post, And for everybody I would love it if you would leave ideas in the comments.

TO LINK UP:
I can't wait to see what you make!


-Please link up a handmade idea that would work for a Christmas gift, decoration or for eating.

I have decided not to use the linky tool but rather if you would include your link in a comment or send it to me in an e-mail, I will then put the link to your blog post in this post. Thank you!

-Please make sure it is family friendly.

- Please link back to this blog. I would love it if you also would display my button (grab it from my sidebar) either in your post or on your sidebar so that others can learn about and join this carnival too.

Check out these fun ideas.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post! thank you so much for sharing...God bless you...loves soraya

Melissa said...

I am glad your bazaar went well. I don't think I would like mass producing any one thing just to sell it - I am a one-off kind of person.

Snowmen are fun and your gift tags are cute.

Me and the girls made a hundred snowmen this year (and just made a few more this weekend that I haven't posted yet). It was a fun challenge for us.

I make my own gift boxes: http://thosenorthernskies.blogspot.com/2011/12/boxing-season.html

Me and the girls visited a dear friend and made these holiday trees: http://thosenorthernskies.blogspot.com/2011/12/candyland-christmas-trees-with-nods-to.html

Finding Balance mommy said...

Yesterday the kids and I made a bunch of scarves and roses to give to people this Christmas! Thank you sooooo much for the ideas!!!!!!!

Abbi said...

Thanks to all of you for stopping by and commenting!

Mandy, I am so glad you have been able to use some of the ideas I have shared!!

Camille said...

These Candy Cane Bath Salts are SO easy to make! And I have a free printable available on my Facebook page for the tags.

http://growingupgabel.com/2011/12/holiday-gift-idea-candy-cane-bath-salts/

Abbi said...

Camille, That looks like a fun project!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin