Sunday, December 11, 2011

"A joyful heart makes a cheerful face,
But when the heart is sad, the spirit is broken."
Proverbs 15:13


I have had a very fun joyful day. We had a good morning at church and then this afternoon it has been just Megan and I here at home. The plan today had been to go downhill skiing and Megan was going to spend the afternoon with my brother Luke and his lovely wife Molly Bea but Megan got sick yesterday and still isn't feeling to good today (Ken was home with her when the rest of us went to church) so that plan wasn't going to work. I told Ken to go ahead and take the older kids skiing so Megan and I have been home by ourselves.

  Though it was little disappointing not to be able to go skiing we have really had a fun afternoon. We have done a little reading, a nap, a little crafting and a little decorating. We have had fun just being together. It was a good remember that even when things don't go as planned God provides reasons for us to be joyful.

   I had been struggling a bit lately with feeling joyful. I had been feeling a little discouraged now and then (maybe the grey days- or maybe just being too busy, or maybe being focused on the wrong things) and I appreciate verses that encourage me to live in a better way- to be joyful!

   "A Joyful heart is good medicine but a broken spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22





2 comments:

Melissa said...

It sounds like a sweet and relaxing day. Sometimes changed plans are the best.

You seem like someone who would like the book Pollyanna and appreciated the story of her father's rejoicing texts. Have you read it?

Here are two links if you are not familiar (yes one is mine - but it is a good one...).

http://melissahoward.suite101.com/review-of-pollyanna-a180768

http://www.whatsaiththescripture.com/Promises/Pollyanna.html

Abbi said...

Melissa, I do indeed enjoy the Pollyanna books. I will have to read your posts on them anyway however- it sounds fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin