Sunday, March 3, 2013

Following in Jesus Steps

 Well for quite some time on Sundays I have been talking about walking as Jesus did. Today we are going to talk about walking. I keep thinking this might be a stretch but what my goal was when reading through the gospels was to look at everything that Jesus did (that he did in a human body - not what He did simply because He was God) and see if I could live like him in that way. My goal in life is to learn to be like Jesus!

  When I was reading John chapter 7, I noticed the mention that was made of Jesus walking. It says in the first verse:

  "After these things Jesus was walking in Galilee, for He was unwilling to walk in Judea because the Jews were seeking to kill him."

 It just made me stop and think about the fact that He did an awful lot of walking. And then I said to myself - "Of course, what other options did He have?" And that is true He couldn't just get in a car, bus or airplane and walking was the normal mode of transportation. However He could have chosen to have a ministry that didn't move around the way He did - it could have possibly be done differently so that He didn't have to do so much walking.

  We don't know exactly how He could have done things differently but He didn't - He choose to walk, and walk a lot. I would never make this out to be a doctrine where I would say "We MUST spend time walking/exercising because Jesus did but I just found that verse interesting and for me it was fun to think of all the physical exercise and fresh air that He did get as He walked all over Israel.

  I think that perhaps it has made me want to walk a bit more too.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject! Do you like to walk? Do you have a physically active life?  Most of all I would love to hear about your journey in following Jesus!

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin