Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The words we speak

 I recently read "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman (which I will probably blog about in more detail later) and Ken and I have been visiting about the contents of that book. Through our discussions I have come to realize that both of us highly value "Words of Affirmation". When somebody says "Good job" or whatever, it means a lot to us.

  So.... I am wanting to work to do a better job of saying things to Ken (either by speaking to him or by writing him notes) to make him realize how much I appreciate him, praise him for the things he does well and so on.

Thinking about using words reminds me of Proverbs 21:9 and how we DON'T want to be like this woman - It says: "It is better to live in a corner of the housetop than in a house shared with a quarrelsome wife."

Let's use our words to edify our husbands instead of potentially making them prefer the idea of living on the roof rather then be near us! :-)

  If you joined me on the challenge of writing down something that you are thankful about your husband each day I am thinking that we can mention some of those things to our husband and how much we appreciate him for being that way.

 That is what I am working on in my marriage right now - I hope you are working on your marriages too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin