Saturday, October 1, 2016

31 Days of Praying for Our Country

Faithful readers probably know that I have been very concerned about the direction our country is headed currently. Godlessness seems to be becoming more and more prevalent and many seem to have no interest in what the Bible has to say. There are many who don't believe in absolute truth. With our upcoming election and a change in leadership happening soon, and just because the Bible says we need to pray for our leaders I decided that it would be good to really focus this month on praying for our country. Now I realize that I have readers from other countries - that is great - I think your country probably needs prayer as well and the majority (if not all ) of what I encourage you to pray about will apply to you too. And I covet your prayers for America too.

So, each day I will be focusing on some specific area where our country needs prayer and I will be praying about that - I would love to have you join me!

If there is going to be change around us and we want that change to happen then the best place to start is with ourselves. So that is my prayer today - a prayer of repentance, of asking God "See if there be any wicked way in me" and looking for His leading and direction as I move forward from here. Here are some verses that remind me to repent:

"The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent," Acts 17:30

"The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. " 2 Peter 3:9

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you." James 4:8-10 

I will be linking this to Write31Days

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin