Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Card Making

"Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing."
1 Thess. 5:11
This is a verse that motivates me. I am trying to follow it and one of the ways that I try to encourage others is by sending or giving people cards. Some of my friends also have that goal and so last night we got together to make some cards. We had a good time visiting together and creating. I also enjoy making cards because it is a way to use up odds and ends of stuff to make something that looks neat and somebody else can enjoy. I use a lot of recycled stuff which I will show you in the pictures below.



These cards are made using card stock and then pictures from a magazine and a church bulletin. I mounted the pictures on colored paper that was from a flier and an old folder.
These cards are all made using leaves that my friend Emily had pressed. I also used some odds and ends of paper scraps saved from other projects. I do like to do some stamping for accent as well.
These cards are all made with card stock and stamps and then some salvaged paper one has a fabric scrap and one has some rick rack pieces and some buttons of some old clothes.
After you have your cards you need envelopes! My kids and I love to make envelopes using pictures from calenders or magazines. These envelopes are very cheery to receive in the mail.

You may have noticed that I am not a perfectionist and I didn't spend hours on each card, but even so in not much time and with very little money you can make something that somebody will be very happy to receive and you can encourage them with some kind words.

If anybody has additional ideas for thrifty card making I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

jessicalolene said...

I, for one, loved receiving those envelopes in the mail. No guessing who the letter was from! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin