Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Works for me Wednesday ~ My kids love to dust


One chore at our house which my kids love to do is dusting. The reason they love it is because before they dust I go around and hide pennies (and sometimes a nickel or a dime too.) in spots that they need to dust. Each child has there own area for dusting (Mara does the family room and office area, Jonathan does the living room and Aaron the entry way and boy's room. I get to do the rest of the house). They each take their rags and dust away and then check with me to be sure that they found everything that they were supposed too. If they haven't found all the coins then back to dusting they go.
I got this idea from a cute set of books that I read growing up called the "All of a Kind Family". In that book the mother hid buttons and sometimes a treat of a penny as well. Finding everything insured that a good dusting job had been done. Changing the spots each week keeps the kids on their toes.
Do you have any methods for making chores for your kids more exciting? I would love to hear about it.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

I was just thinking about this the other day! I loved that book growing up, and I always wished that MY mother would hide pennies. :)

Laura said...

Okay...I read that book to my kids last year...and I LOVED it!!! SUCH a sweet book! I SO should use the hiding pennies idea. My kids would get a big kick out of that! Thanks for the reminder about it!

MyKidsMom said...

Hi. I found your link on another blog.

I've never read this book, but what a great idea, especially for little ones!

meloncolony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

I LOVE it!!!

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

I'll have to remember this one!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin