Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New warm mittens!

 While we were on our lengthy road trip I decided I should keep my hands busy with handwork. I finished a baby sweater that I had started over a year ago (I ended up not liking the way the yarn was to work with so I had gotten frustrated with it and skipped over it to do other projects) and then I made some mittens!
I had fun combining some fuzzy green yarn with cream wool yarn to make some mittens that should keep hands quite warm. I doubled the yarn throughout the mitten- sometimes using to strands of cream and sometimes using cream and green.

 I was able to do these mittens all on Sunday as we came home so that was fun to have a quick project like that. I especially like knitting because with a simple project you can look out the window at the passing scenery while you still knit away.

 I have been trying to finish up a bunch of projects lately as our county fair is next week and as usual we want to enter quite a few things.
  What have you been working on lately?

2 comments:

Maria said...

The mittens are beautiful...(but I'm trying so hard NOT to think about winter) LOL

Have a great day!

Jackie said...

Those are such fun looking mittens. :-) I don't know how to knit, but it is on my "to learn someday" list.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin