Sunday, August 21, 2011

Speaks to me Sunday

"For this reason we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away from it." Hebrews 2:1

Do you like to study your Bible? Do you make sure to set aside time regularly to read and immerse yourself in it? I am very blessed in that I grew up in a Bible reading/studying home and then I had the blessing of attending Bible college as well as attend congregations that focus strongly on reading and studying God's word. That said I still have a lot to learn. Sometimes I regrettably just read and don't really focus on gaining and learning from what I read. Lately I have really been feeling strongly that I want God's word to be an even stronger focus of my life. I want to share it often with my kids, to think of God's wisdom when I am visiting with others and to share more of it on here as well. I want to make sure that I really fully understand what God wants for me and my life.

There are many good reasons for studying God's word. In it we find all the solutions for life, it is the instruction manual for everything. Studying it regularly will help us to not drift away from the faith we have. We learn about who God is and who we are.

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin