Friday, August 26, 2011

Pinwheels!

 I had mentioned a while back that I was having fun working on making pinwheel things for my brother's wedding. I didn't show you the projects then but now that the wedding is all over I thought it would be fun to have a "show and tell" (though I failed to take any decent pictures of one of my favorite projects).

  My sister in law, MollyBea had decided to use pinwheels for wedding decorations and then she also made some really fun big ones out of scrapbook paper to put in the bouquets and decorate the reception area with. She wanted pinwheels for the bridesmaids hair and the groomsmens' "boutonniere". I volunteered to make them out of fabric the way I had seen done on this blog and she took me up on it. My sister Martha and Mara helped me make them.
For the bridesmaids' hair
To go in the groom's boutonniere and the Mothers' corsages.
For the groomsmen to wear as a boutonniere
 Luke also asked me to make flat bottomed ties for the guys. They were pretty easy once I figured out how to do it.

Above is a project I had fun making but then failed to take any good pictures of. Instead of a guestbook I made them a table runner with 3 large pinwheel quilt squares in it. There were two red pinwheels and a yellow pinwheel in the middle with a white background. People could sign their names on the white areas of it. I thought it turned out cute and it made for a unique and fun "guestbook".



 Here is the happy couple. MollyBea had 3 medium sized pinwheels in her bouquet and the bridesmaids each had one large one.

MORE PINWHEELS:

 The had a very cute cake with pinwheels on it too (which I did not make). They just had a small cake and then lots and lots of cupcakes.

 I had fun making them pinwheel hot pads for their new home.
I had fun trying out making pinwheel cookies (but they did not use that particular idea) and you can see my tutorial here.

 Do you like pinwheels? Do you have any other creative ideas for using them?

www.blessingsoverflowing.com/fix-it-up-friday-guidelinesI am linking this to Fix it up Friday at Blessings Overflowing.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

What a fun wedding! I love all of the pinwheels! Thanks for linking up!

Unknown said...

You came up with amazing ways to use pinwheels for the wedding.

Nola said...

How neat! What a unique wedding! They must be a very unique (in a good way) couple! How fun for you. I can't wait till some of my husband's or my siblings get married but some of them it could take a while as one is only 15. I love all the pinwheels and your creativity.

Rachel E. said...

It's great to see people do something different for weddings. The pinwheels look great.

Abbi said...

Thanks everybody! It was a fun and unique wedding thanks to Luke and MollyBea's fun and creative ideas. I just had fun helpig out a bit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin