Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Handmade Christmas! {Come join me for the carnival starting next week}


 Have you been thinking about Christmas lately?

No?

Me either, at least not very much. But at our house we like to make handmade gifts for the most part so we do want to start thinking and preparing some soon. It makes it easier to make things gradually overtime rather than try to do everything at the last minute (ask me how I know!).

That is why I am going to again host "A Handmade Christmas" every week for the next couple of months here on this blog. For this series I try to post something that I have made every week, often with instructions for how you could do it too if you want, and then I have you link up projects where you tell about what you are doing too. This blog carnival is geared toward giving all of us more ideas for ways we can make handmade gifts, decorations and yummy homemade food for the holidays and it also helps to keep us all motivated on working on these projects. I hope you will come and join me!

Christmas is a holiday that my family enjoys quite a bit but it isn't because we spend a lot of money and buy big gifts (in fact the opposite is true- in our little family we have made a rule that all gifts must fit in their Christmas stocking and we don't spend very much) but rather we enjoy Christmas because of the time we get to spend together, the fun times we have creating special little gifts for one another (it is often more fun to give than receive!) , the fun decorations, the music and the yummy homemade meal that we share with extended family and friends.  Thinking about it almost makes me feel ready for winter, but I think I will go ahead and enjoy Fall right now. During the Fall however I will have fun preparing for Christmas. I hope you will too.

So....
Please come join me next week, and the next week and then the week after that and so on until the week before Christmas. I hope we can have fun together trying out new projects, encouraging and learning from one another and making things for our family and friends!

If you would be willing to spread the word about this carnival on your blog- I would really appreciate it! Feel free to grab the graphic at the top of this post if you like. I also am going to try (I am not good with techy stuff though) to make a button that I can make it easy for you to grab. One way or another I would love it if you spread the word! The more that participate the merrier!

updated: The Handmade Christmas Carnival is now going!
Please check out these posts:
Week One
Week Two
Week Three






4 comments:

Finding Balance mommy said...

We just started our Christmas crafting last week...and I say that very loosely because I'm not very craft! But the kids decided they wanted to make quilts. Well, that will not be possible to make a quilt for everyone in our extended family so we decided on making little throw quilts for the back of each grandparents' recliners.
Have fun crafting! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!!

Rachel said...

I have made a list of items I want to sew for Christmas and am just beginning to get the fabric cut and bagged so when I have a few moments hopefully I will be able to sew some things together.

Jackie said...

I'm glad you are doing this again. I need to get started on my Christmas crafting. I am sooo behind this year.

Abbi said...

I hope you all can join me! I am looking forward to it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin