Sunday, May 5, 2013

Straight foward encouragement from 1 Corinthians

I just finished reading the book of 1 Corinthians this morning. As always I found it encouraging.
I thought I would share a few verses from it that I really like. They are simple and to the point and I like that. I like those easy to understand scriptures that remind me of just how I should live.

Here are a few that I am appreciating just now:

1 Corinthians 15:58 (one I have long chosen as one of the theme verses for life)
 "Therefore my dear brothers, stand firm, let nothing move you, always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, for you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

and I Corinthians 16:13-14
"Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love."

I hope you are encouraged by these words as well!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin