Monday, July 14, 2014

Goals for This Week

 This afternoon (after church, a fellowship dinner and a baby shower) I took our kids up north to church camp. This year all of them were able to go. So Ken and I are all by ourselves for almost a whole week (we pick them up on Saturday).

  It feels pretty strange not to have any kids around! I will be glad to have them come home when camp is over! But meanwhile....

 I have never been the type of person to want to go places to spend time by myself. If I go someplace (unless maybe shopping - sometimes that is easier alone) I generally would prefer to have my family with me. But every so often I have wished to have a little time home alone by myself to be able to just work on things without any interruptions. So I have a whole week of that. I may get tired of it by the time the week is over but right now I am a little excited about it.  We are getting ready to move, I have oodles of projects that I would love to get done and there is more than enough to fill my time.

  I will need to do a little cooking since Ken is still here but we have several leftovers in the fridge and I rather plan on cooking simply and I can just skip lunch if I feel like it as he will be at work at that time. I also have 3 of my 6 summer music students out of town so I will have that extra time too.

 So here are my goals for this week:

Homesteading Goals


  • Check on Bees
  • Get the garage walls all framed and the sheathing put on. This goal of course requires Ken too and he thinks it might be a little bit of a lofty goal but we are going to try for it. :-)
  • Get my "Fall" garden planted over at our land.
Homemaking Goals
 
  •  Spend 1/2 hour each day, Monday-Friday, deep cleaning and/or packing.
  • Mend all clothes that need it.
  • Make our menu through moving time in August - using up things that we already have on hand so we don't have so much to move.
Business Goals
  • Order Flowers for next weeks' weddings
  • Work on Website for 3 hours this week.
  • Go through my e-mail inbox, answer the ones that need answering and get it emptied out.
Personal Growth Goals
  • Really focus on talking to God a lot throughout this week when I will have a lot of quiet time.
  • Finish reading "The Repurposed and Upcycled Life".
  • Write a note or call someone to encourage them each day this week.
Blogging Goals
  • Write 3 book reviews and start reading the 4th book that I need to review.
  • Pre-post at least 3 posts to come up during moving time.
  • Link to 10 blog hop parties
Beyond that I am excited about time to do sewing, card making and other arts and crafts. Our fair is coming up in a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to being able to sort through my craft supplies this week and to make things that I can enter at the fair. Hopefully I will be able to share quite a few finished projects.

What are your plans for this week?

"Commit your work to the Lord,
    and your plans will succeed."  Proverbs 16:3

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin