Sunday, July 13, 2014

Humility, Gentleness and Patience

I love to read. I have read thousands of books in my life and I learn a lot from my reading but nothing I read can convict me and make me want to change like the Bible can. The Bible is the inspired word of God and it has in it what we need.

 This morning I was convicted by my reading in Ephesians 4. It starts out with, "Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace." (verses 1-3)

Am I always diligent to walk (live) the way that God wants my too? Is my life one of humility, gentleness and patience? Those are some character traits that I really have been feeling the Spirit prompting me to work on. Am I lovingly tolerant of others? Do I work diligently to have the Spirit's unity in the body of Christ (The church)?

I want to work on these things. To let the Holy Spirit work in my life and control my thoughts and actions. What about you?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin