Sunday, November 15, 2015

Why I Believe We Need to Confess Our Sins

  Admitting that I have done something wrong isn't naturally very fun. To let go of my pride isn't all that easy. But from my study of scripture I have come to understand that confessing is necessary. So whether or not we find it easy or fun it is something that we should practice. I think that we will find that even though it doesn't seem fun at first - there is relief that is found when we confess our sins.

  Here are the verses that make me realize that I need to confess my sins:

    "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us."  1 John 1:8-10

 " I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord"; and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah. Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found;" Psalm 32:5 & 6

 "Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." James 5:16

  We are to confess our sins to God but as we see in James we do also need to confess our sins to one another. We aren't supposed to be putting on this show of living some perfect life. We need to be honest and acknowledge our sins and then move forward from there with healing.

  I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin