Sunday, November 29, 2015

Why I Believe We Need to Show Preference to Others

  The teaching of thinking of others as more important than ourselves is a hard teaching. It is not something that I can do easily. On my own I am selfish and self -centered. Only with the Holy Spirit working in me can I make progress on changing this.

  Here is why I believe we are to show preference (in other words - consider first what others want - not what you want) to others.

  Romans 12:10 "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;"

Philippians 2:3 & 4 "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the the interests of others."

 May God help us as we seek to live more fully for Him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your blog. Whenever I am feeling down I read your blog and feel inspired by your outlook on life. It is likely that in the Spring we will need to sell our house. We are drowning in debt and the stress has become unbearable. I so want to be able to wake up one morning without money worries. I am grateful that finding a buyer should not be very difficult, but I am sad to leave. I admire how you were able to move and build your dream home. Thank you again.

Abbi said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thankful that God has been able to use me in some small way to encourage you. May God give you wisdom as you seek Him in all the decisions before you. I wish you success as you work to get out of debt!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin