A while back I was contacted to see if I would like to review and host a giveaway for "My Memories Suite" a digital scrapbooking software. I was a bit hesitant to do it at first. I love artsy crafty sorts of things and I love photos so scrapbooking is up my alley but I also know from experience that I am not very technically savvy and software and me don't always get along.
I am pretty happy to report that it wasn't to hard to get something made. I am sure that I will continue to find many more neat ways to use it and understand more of what the software has to offer but with just a limited amount of time and my very limited abilities in this area I was able to have fun making things.
Here are a couple of scrapbook pages that I put together: (They are also super easy to transfer from the scrapbook software over here to my blog. Yeah!)
When you use the software you can choose from layouts that are all ready for you or you can design your own. Both of these were ones that I designed. They have a bunch of "papers" that you can choose from as backgrounds and then there are a bunch of fun tools (which I just got started using) for fixing up your photos. You can crop, shape, shadow, turn them different colors, adjust the lighting, make them look like water color paintings (like the bouquet in the center below) and much more.
Then you can add things like "ribbons", "stickers", "brads", "flowers" and much more to make it look more interesting. Everything I used was part of the basic scrapbook software but I noticed that you can also buy many additional scrapbooking kits that will really allow you to add a lot of stuff to what you make.
You can also add as much text as you like and there are all sorts of ways to make your text pretty and interesting. I am sure you will have fun working with it!
Scrapbooking pages are an obvious use of this software (which after you get them done you can print them into one of those very cool photo books!) but use of the software is by no means limited to just scrapbook pages. Here are some of the other ways that I hope to use it:
- Make really nice tutorials for my blog. This is something I have dreamed about and have never done but I think using this software that I might be able to do that.
- Design Christmas Cards.
- Make a digital (burn it on a CD) photo album complete with music, video and audio. I haven't looked in to exactly how this works but I saw that it was available. I think I know some relatives that live at a distance that would really enjoy something like this. A fun gift to make that everybody in the family could be a part of.
- Calendar pages. Something that we like to make often for Ken's parents (and they enjoy receiving it!) is a calendar with pictures of the family in it. This is a very simple way to design those pages and make them look really neat. In about 5 seconds I made this page for the month of December using a pre-made scrapbooking page so I only needed to pop in a picture and title it.
Here is a video that explains My Memories Suite better than I can and helps me to see even more of the possibilities that it has:
If you would like to Buy My Memories Suite~
All Proverbs 31 Living readers can receive $10 off their purchase of the My Memories Suite Scrapbook Software and a $10 coupon for the MyMemories.com store by using this code: STMMMS71963 (copy and paste it for accuracy). My Memories Suite just costs $39.97 so with $10 off it is quite reasonable.
If you would like to try to Win My Memories Suite~
One reader will get to win My Memories Suite Software.
To enter to win please visit My Memories and then come back and leave a comment here telling me what digital paper pack or layout you like best. Make sure to leave some way for me to contact you in your comment. If I can't tell you that you won then I will pick someone else.
If you would like additional entries you can do any of the following and then leave another comment telling me that you did that.
- Follow My Memories Blog with Google Friend Connect.
- Like My Memories on Facebook.
- Follow Proverbs 31 Living with Google Friend Connect.
Disclaimer: I received the software free for purposes of reviewing. All opinions are my own. If you should choose to buy the software and use the coupon code I will also be rewarded. Thank you!