Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Watchman

I have been reading in the book of Ezekiel lately for my early morning Bible reading. The other day while reading chapter 33 I was really struck by the lesson I could learn from it to apply to my own life. In it God is speaking to Ezekiel about watchmen and their duty and He says to Ezekiel:

"Now as for you, son of man, I have appointed you a watchman for the house of Israel; so you will hear a message from My mouth and give them warning from Me. When I say to the wicked, "O wicked man, you will surely die, " and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require from you hand. But if you on your part warn a wicked man to turn from his way and he does not turn from his way, he will die in his iniquity, but you have delivered your life." Ezekiel 33:7-9

Now I do realize that we are living in a time different from Ezekiel- we have the blood of Jesus to cover our sins and in no way are we able to pay for our own sins. However I do think that God does want us to be watchmen just as He gave that job to Ezekiel. In Mark 16:15 &16 it says: "Go into all the world and preach the gospel (that means good news) to all creation. He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved: but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned." God wants everybody to know about the Salvation that He offers through Jesus Christ. He desires that all people would be saved. I am feeling convicted even more that I need to tell others about this salvation. How about you?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It is the hardest thing for me - to share my faith...

For some reason these stories remind me of Christian in Pilgrim's Progress.

Our last two sermons at church dealt with humility - I believe if I practiced true humility sharing my faith would not be so hard.

Anonymous said...

Sharing my faith with others is something that I struggle with. I believe that I do it, but probably not as boldly as Christ would like me to. Looks like I have some work to do, doesn't it?

Great thoughts! Thanks for sharing them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin