This was a very fun project as we took a rather ugly looking (I thought) dresser that had been given to us (and I had used out in the garage) and were able to strip it, refinish it and get it ready for use in the house.
|The before picture|
Why, oh why, do I put things off?
I think I may be learning my lesson on this account but so many times I have put things off only to finally do it and find that the job doesn't really take that long, it isn't really that hard and it is rather fun too. Oh I hope I am learning to just do it!!
- Rubbing alcohol -when you spread it on paint and such it really helps to soften it and make the stripping much easier.
- A razor blade/paint scraper
- An electric sander and sandpaper. This worked so nicely for getting the old finish off and for taking scratches off and such.
- A paintbrush or 2.
- Stain (oil based- just because that was what we had)
- Polyurethane (oil based) two coats to seal it nicely.
- 2 old bobbins
The "new" dresser in it's new spot. I am loving it!
This month I have been really working on getting my office/craft and sewing room in order (going through every single thing!) and the dresser has been wonderful to hold fabric. While going through my office files I found some pictures that were painted by an old friend of mine and so I framed them to hang above the dresser. New art for the wall is pretty nice too!New Life on a Homestead and The Prairie Homestead