Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Respecting our husbands

 Thanks for joining me once again as I share with you the ways I am trying to build up my marriage in hopes that it will encourage you to work on your marriage as well.

  That past few weeks we talked about being thankful (and writing something down every day) for your husband, finding something in common with our husband, serving our husband and praying for our husband. I am still working on all those things and I hope you are as well.

  Today I felt led to writing about respecting our husbands.

 This is something that can sometimes come quite easily and sometimes it just doesn't! We have husbands who are imperfect just as we are and because we are two imperfect people respecting him doesn't always come easily (at least that has been true in our relationship).

  Whether it comes easily or not however is not a very good excuse for whether you respect your husband or not. The advice to respect our husbands doesn't just come from me, it is from God's word.

Nevertheless, each one of you must also love his own wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Ephesians 5:33

What are ways that we can show respect to our husbands?
Here are a few ways:
  • Listen to him. Don't always finish their sentences for him (I am guilty of this - my tongue works a lot faster than Ken's) but really listen to what they have to say.
  • Admire what he can do.
  • Ask him for advice.
  • DON'T put him down in front of the kids or anybody.
  • Let him lead.
  • Be thankful for how he provides for the family.
Those are just a few that came to my mind I would really love it if you would leave comments sharing more ideas of ways you can respect your husband!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin