Sunday, August 4, 2013

Consider the Lilies {A look at scripture and the flowers we saw on our Yellowstone trip}


Today I thought I would share a passage of scripture that we have been memorizing and which I find very helpful in my life. I also I thought I would share some of the flower pictures I took while we were on our trip. I confess that if I see a new variety of flower I tend to photograph it. And then sometime I have already seen that variety but I photograph it anyway. I am very happy that God made flowers!
 
 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life,
 As to what you will eat or what you will drink;
 nor for your body, as to what you will put on.
 Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns,
 and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
 And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
 And why are you worried about clothing?
 Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin,
 Yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.
But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into a furnace, 
 Will He not much more clothe you?
You of little faith!

 Do not worry then saying,
 "What will we eat?" or "What will we drink?"
 or "What will we wear for clothing?"
 For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things;
 For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness,
 And all these things will be added to you.
 So do not worry about tomorrow:
 For tomorrow will care for itself.
 Each day has enough trouble of its own.
 Matthew 6:25-34
 I hope you are blessed be the words of this scripture
 and that you notice how well God clothes the flowers.
 Remember, He cares much, much more for you!
 He loves you!

3 comments:

Nancy McCarroll said...

That was my mother's favorite scripture.

Beautiful pictures of God's handiwork.

Jackie said...

I love that scripture. Your flower pictures are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.... Beautiful scripture.... Beautiful reminder! Thanks! mom

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin