Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Encouraging and Enjoying his relationship with the children

  This evening when Ken and Mara got home from work (Mara cleans his office for him once a week). They were excited because they had gone shopping together so Mara could buy herself a camera. They had a fun time doing that together and I really enjoyed seeing them enjoy time together like that.

  Ken really does enjoy our children and I am so thankful for that. I think I have been noticing it more lately since he had been busy at the fair and then 3 of them had gone to camp for a week and you could tell he was missing them.

  I enjoy hearing him call Megan "Lovebug", I love the way he goes out and plays basketball with the boys when they find some extra time and it is fun to watch he and Mara get in various intellectual discussions.

   You might ask, "What does this have to do with marriage?" I think it does. I think it is important that we appreciate and encourage our spouses relationship with our children, that we don't get jealous of them (that can happen) and that we always strive to work as a team- not as competitors. Raising children can be lots of fun - when you do it together!

1 comment:

Sharm said...

Morning Abbi, yes, you are quite right about that, and it needs to continue on even when the children leave home as it gives a real example of how they conduct themselves when the get married.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin