Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bags for Mara

 Since my camera is currently out of commission I decided I should share some of the photos I took earlier that I meant to post about but didn't.

   At the beginning of this year I planned to make a bag a month and post about it. I haven't quite done that but I have made a fair amount of bags this year. For Mara's birthday at the end of September I made a duffel bag and a toiletry bag. She was in need of something nice to use when we travel.

  To make the bags I used some decorator fabric that we had been given. It is pretty sturdy and in some places I used a double layer. To make the duffel bag I just looked at one that we already had (but that was falling apart as it was pretty old - I remember getting probably around 20 years ago!) to get an idea of how to make this one. Basically it is a big tube with a zipper in it and then I put in zippered pockets at both ends, a very simple pocket on one side, a shoulder strap and handles.

To make the toiletry bag I kind of followed this tutorial.

Both bags went together pretty easily and Mara has enjoyed using them on a couple of short trips so far.

Bags are fun to sew. Have you tried sewing any sort of bags?

3 comments:

budgeteer said...

Lovley : ) I would like to make some bags in 2014 and will need tutorials like this. Thank you

Daniel Efosa Uyi said...

Hello mehn, I've been following your blog for almost 6 months now without leaving any comment so I decided to quickly say hi today, just so you know you've got a fan somewhere. LOL. Your blog makes sense to me just like http://danieluyi.com, another similarly interesting blog that I'm also a fan of.

Keep it up.

Suzanne said...

Hello Abbi,
Just wanted you to know you won the giveaway on my blog Blueberry Cottage. Contact me at Taketimefortea@comcast.net with your mailing info and I will ship that off to you:-) Hope it all blesses you!
Blessings,
Suzanne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin