Sunday, November 17, 2013

Return

Photo by Mara
I am reading in the book of Joel right now. This morning I was touched yet again by verses 12 and 13 in chapter 2:

   "Yet even now," Declares the Lord,
 "Return to Me with all your heart,
 and with fasting, weeping and mourning;
 and rend your heart and not your garments."
 Now return to the Lord your God,
 for He is gracious and compassionate,
 slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness and relenting of evil."
 
That is what people needed to do in Joel's day and these words are still true and necessary for us today!
 
As a follower of Christ I would like everybody to turn to God, but I realize that those that don't follow Him aren't the only ones that need to return. I too still have need to return. Those unkind words that I say, the bad attitude that I struggle with at times, the pride that my heart still sometimes carries are all reasons to turn back to God. Repentance is needed in the lives of all of us. It is when we feel sorry for what we have done wrong and then turn around and don't live like that anymore. We want to return to God, to strive to please Him in everything.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin