"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:15-18
Are you thankful? Is everything you do done with thankfulness in your heart to God?
We are now in the month of November - a month that is often filled with chilly gray days that can so easily leave us feeling grumpy and moody. Let's try to send those blues away by counting our blessings instead!
It was probably quite good that the holiday of Thanksgiving was chosen for a day in November. This month might just need it. :-) I think that we should be thankful all the time but I also think it is pretty fun to have a holiday that promotes thankfulness a bit extra.
I will share a list of 10 things that I am thankful for today and then I would love it if you would share 10 things you are thankful for in the comments!
- Bees that are still alive.
- Prayer time tonight with other Christians.
- Ken finishing up the wood flooring on the stairs!
- A sewing machine that works well.
- Mara being able to teach the nursery class all by herself this morning. (So fun to watch my kids grow up!)
- Being able to share with others.
- Clean dishes.
- Reading with my kids.
- Jesus Christ being willing to go to the cross for me!