Sunday, November 10, 2013

Praying for others - Praying for myself

 I have long tried to pray for others on a regular basis but lately I have been convicted of the need to do it more.

  These verses in Colossians really have given me insight in how to better pray for others:

"For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light." Colossians 1:9-12

  So many important things are listed here. So many things that I want in my life. I want to pray in this way for others and I will be praying this for myself as well.

  Sometimes it is easier for me to catch things when they are in bulleted lists instead of super long sentences. I was very impressed with the length of the sentence in those verses. I think I may have gotten a lot of my ideas about sentence structure from the Bible. (grin) But anyway, here are the thoughts in a list rather than a sentence....

  • Be filled with the knowledge of God's will.
  • Have spiritual wisdom and understanding.
  • Walk in a manner worthy of the Lord.
  • Pleasing God in everything.
  • Bearing Fruit in every good work.
  • Increasing in the knowledge of God.
  • Strengthened with all power with God's glorious might.
  • Being steadfast.
  • Being patient.
  • Joyously giving thanks to the Father.
Wow! I want this! For me. For my children. For everybody that I know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin