Sunday, November 24, 2013

Giving

 
  "Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed; "
2 Corinthians 9:6-8

 This verse speaks to me and I share it here in hopes that it will be something that you need to hear as well.

  I have been feeling convicted of the need to share and serve more. We have been overwhelmingly blessed through God's gift of Salvation and much, much more. I want to share Christ's love with others too and I think often the best way that I can do that is through physical giving. Now that giving may not always be cash - sometimes the best way to give is through service or something else. But what I want in me is a heart that is always seeing just how blessed I am and that I am always willing to share that blessing with others.

   I believe that we should give to God through the church which is His body. I believe also that we should personally share with other believers - the body of Christ which we are a part of. It is our job to help one another. I also believe it is very important to share with those who do not know God and His Son Jesus Christ who came to earth to provide reconciliation for us. Sharing with them and serving them is a way that they can see Jesus' light in this dark world.

  This is something we have been thinking and praying about and something we are feeling convicted on. I hope that you are encouraged grow in your walk with Jesus too!

1 comment:

Amy and Mark said...

What a great reminder as we head into the holiday season. A beautiful season of thanks, giving to others, and celebrating the birth of the world's most precious gift. May we all remember to give of our time, talents, and material gifts with joyful hearts this season and always.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin