Sunday, April 5, 2015

Why I Believe We Need to Believe!

So I think the title to my post sounds a little weird. To talk about Believing in my "Why I believe" series sounds a little redundant but I still think it is important. So on we go.....

This is another subject to which we can find verse after verse after verse. I have found some that I think are plain and get the message across well and I hope you are blessed by them too. I would of course love to have you share any verses that you particularly like on this subject as well.

 Talking about belief was a big part of Jesus ministry.  One example is the story of the man who brought his demon possessed son to the apostles who were not able to cast the demon out. He then asks Jesus to do it "If He could". This verse comes next:

"And Jesus said to him, "If You Can? All things are possible to him who believes." Mark 9:23

The father then cried "I do believe; help my unbelief." And then Jesus cast the spirit out. Jesus wanted the people to believe in His power. He still wants that from us today.

Here are some more verses on the subject:

In John 14:1 Jesus said: "Do not let your heart be troubled: believe in God, believe also in Me."

Acts 8:36 & 37 "As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, "Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?" And Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

1 Thessalonians 4:13 & 14 "But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus."

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."

Do YOU believe in Jesus?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin