We have still be getting a lot of zucchini from the garden and so I have been busy trying to fit it into our diets. My family doesn't prefer huge amounts at once so I try to stick little bits in often. Here are some of the things we have enjoyed lately:
- Zucchini Nut Muffins This is a new recipe and one we are really enjoying!
3 cups flour (I use mostly whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
3/4 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients. Add eggs oil, zucchini and vanilla and beat. Fold in sunflower seeds and raisins. Put in greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake 25 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.
- Yummy Zucchini and Carrot Patties.
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated zucchini
2 tablespoons chopped onion
Mix dry ingredients. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Place a skilled over medium heat and add a little oil. When oil is hot, spoon some batter in the pan making little patties. cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve warm either plain or with salsa and sour cream. We really like these and they reminded me of onion rings.
- On Pizza We tried chopping up the zucchini small and putting it on homemade pizza. It was quite good.
- In Quesidillas Again I chopped it small and then fried it with the onions, garlic and meat and then put that mixture and cheese in the tortilla and fried it. Nobody notice the squash.
- In Jello This is one from my mom and not actually one that I have tried. She put zucchini in the blender and made it into a liquid and then warmed it up and used it for the liquid in jello. She used orange Jello and I guess it turned it brown (and my 15 year old sister thought it wasn't very attractive) but it tasted fine.
- In Yeast Bread This is another one from my mom. She again liquefied it and then used it for the liquid in bread.
I hope these ideas are helpful to you!